Tuesday, March 13, 2007

All About Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday!

The trip was amazing! Of course, now that I'm back I have a million and one things to do and I'm just exhausted, but I'm still incredibly glad that I went! Here's the scoop on the rest of the trip...and I promise I'll get to the photos soon. :)

Sunday
After finishing up all the photographs of the apartment, the gang decided to take me to have lunch next to the Louvre (where they had explored the day before). We hopped on the metro and headed to Le Fumoir, a beautiful cafe where I had quite possibly one of the best lunches EVER! From there we got back on the Metro and headed to the Opera House, which was simply stunning, and we walked all the way around it.

For some reason, there was a small protest on one side of the building, and about 40 police cars and a fire truck hanging out on the other side of the building....so we decided we should probably hop a little red open-air bus and get out of there. :) The tour bus took us down Champs-Elysees and around the Arc de Triomphe. We saw the Eiffel Tower and several really beautiful buildings (and I'll have to look up what they were because the earpieces of my headset were too big for my ears). And finally got off at the Notre Dame because it was getting dark!

We watched the rollerblading street performers for a bit, and stoped every 10 feet to photograph something beautiful! After a long dinner, we went back to the apartment, and I finaly decided to go to bed at a reasonable time. :)

Monday
Monday I accidentally woke everyone up at 7:30am, thinking it was 8:30...but on the brightside we were all up and out pretty early! I wandered the neighborhood for a few morning photographs. We checked email at the internet cafe, ate brunch, walked around and inside Notre Dame, and got back on the open air bus to see the big sites! We were most excited to get out at a vista point for the Eiffel Tower, where we spent nearly 20 minutes trying to perfect a jumping-in-front-of-the-tower shot...that was hilarious!

We explored the grounds of the tower for a bit, but decided not to wait in the line to go up...too much to see! The tour was beautiful, and we did a little postcard and souvenier shopping along the river next to Notre Dame. After a little down time at the apartment, I of course got ready for an evening at The Beaver!

I know, it still sounds silly to spend time in Paris couped up in a smokey little bar. But Monday night was open mic night, and we heard some of the most amazing local musicians! We got to talk and rub elbows with the people who really live there and see their attitudes and personalities.....I love that! It was really a lot of fun, and it was so sad to walk back to the apartment and go to bed, since we knew it was our last experience in Paris.

Tuesday
In the morning we woke up (reluctantly) and said goodbye to the apartment and to Paris. It was tough, knowing everything we had to go back to. Paris was amazing! The full day of travel was rough, but luckily we didn't have any issues. I stayed up and talked on the first flight, but slept like a rock on the second.

I don't really feel jetlagged now, just have a little extra trouble getting up in the mornings. :) And there's so much to do! Well, I'll work on pictures tomorrow and hopefully have something fun to show you!