Friday, August 24, 2007

8 things

I've been tagged. :) It's a big game of "tag" that our community of photographers is playing right now. Katy Regnier tagged me, so I need to share with you 8 weird things about myself.

1. I can write backwards! I used to practice when I was bored in class during college. mostly cursive, some print. If only I knew Italian and were a genious, I'd be just like da Vinci!

2. My favorite toys were always stationery and office supplies. I hoarded stickers, notepads, and pencils from a young age. For my 12th birthday, I got this huge box with office supplies like pencils and paper clips and a stapler and pencil sharpener and hole punch...I LOVED it.

3. When I was little (maybe 8?) I wrote a song about a rutabaga. Unfortunately, I didn't know what a rutabaga was, so I didn't want to sing it to anyone just in case it was a dirty word. I still know this song.

4. There was a time in my life when I had a real dislike for circles. Just didn't want anything to do with them. They made me uneasy, and I have no idea why. We're on speaking terms again, but I still prefer squares and rectangles.

5. My 4th grade (?) science teacher asked my parents if we were from England. (They are from the Midwest, and I grew up in Texas.) Evidently I was very proper.

6. I have three goldfish, and I call them "my little piggies." I try to spend a little time each day saying hi to them, and they like to come up to the glass and make faces at me when I do.

7. I am afraid of very little, but I have an unnatural fear of falling off a cliff in a moving vehicle. It's horrible! The last time I went white-water rafting, the bus driver was going really fast up those tiny mountain-side roads...I was so terrified I was sobbing and shaking uncontrollably, and my friend TJ had to hold me.

8. I can't do basic math. Yes, I'm an Engineer. But I nearly failed my Cal III course because we weren't allowed calculators on tests, and I got many of the addition and multiplication steps wrong, so my answers were always off. I had good math teachers...but for some reason addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division just never stuck with me. I still try to practice though, such as trying to figure out how much change I should get back, or adding random two digit numbers in my head while driving. There's always hope. :)


Ok, now I get to tag 8 people!

Lisa Dawn
Jason Tench
Nichanh Petersen
Melissa Ochoa
Laura Siivola
Juliet Nicole
Carey Schumacher
Manus Chau