Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Kim & Ben!

Ben is a coworker and friend of mine, and it's been wonderful to get to know Kim over the past year. I was ever so excited to get to photograph their wedding on Saturday!

It's way late (4am), so I'll keep my normal chatter short, but I think the images speak volumes anyway.

Thank you both soooo much for an incredible day, it was an awesome honor to witness your marriage, both as a photographer and as a friend. Kim, your dress was indeed prettier than any other bride that day. :) Ben, I don't think you really need to worry about the competition from the muscle man...

Slideshow here!

OK, so you guys know me well enough by now to know that when I'm tired...I'm terrible at picking favorites...so here are a ton! I hope it's not to many for your internet connection to handle. (oh, and funny story about the muscle man all the way at the bottom!)































Congratulations!
































































































































































So we're walking in the park doing a few portraits....and we all stop to look and wonder..."Why on earth is that man orange?!" We determine that he is one of many body builders in the park doing amateur body building portfolio shots, and I jokingly mention "hey you could go take a photograph with him!" To my surprise, Kim said "Sure!".

Not really knowing what to say, and being a bit tired, I just went up to the man and said (not kidding, I actually said this!) "We like your body, can my bride take a photo with you?"

He looked at me stunned for a minute, and then his friend said "yeah!", and he said "awesome!" and we spent about 90 seconds with him doing different poses. It was hilarious, but I still do not know what possessed me to say "We like your body." I guess that's a compliment to a body builder though, so I'm not ashamed.