Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Ben & Kim's Tea Ceremony!

I spent Easter morning with Ben & Kim and their families celebrating their Tea Ceremony! According to Ben, the Tea Ceremony in a way marks their official engagement, and is really a time for the families to come together. I'm so glad they didn't choose to have this ceremony on the same day as the wedding (as many do) because I can tell there were so many wonderful emotional moments that just wouldn't have happened had they been rushed!

Although I didn't understand a word of the ceremony, it was easy to tell they were talking about how much they loved Ben and Kim, and how happy they were for them. I don't think there was a dry eye in the place by the end!!

View the very sweet slideshow!

Kim getting ready for a very special day.













Ben directing traffic just before all the gifts were brought to Kim's family.



















Kim's gorgeous new ring!













I just adored both grandmothers, they were so incredibly sweet:













Ben caught an eyelash and made a wish. ;-)